Just Kidding, it is April 1. The Maryland Faerie Festival gets great reviews from all the fairies!
Over on our facebook group, we asked our Faerie Faithful to give us a quote about why they are involved with the faerie festival, what it means to them.
Here are a few of the replies:
- We love Faerie Festival because everyone in our family can be free to imagine the world as we see it. From our 3 year old and 5 year old up to our old 40-something selves! Family, friends, loves, lives, Seelie, UnSeelie, Drums, and costumes – what’s not to love?
- It’s a wonderful world of mythic magic that transcends generations and fuels the imagination!
- It’s a tea party of mythic adventure! Engaging the participants and co-creating a new faery tale…. Mysterious, Magical and Interactive!
- The Maryland Faerie Festival is an opportunity to embrace my creativity and live in the world of fae for a few days.
- I can step out of my life and into a fairy tale.
- Since the first time I put on wings and walked into the festival full of Faeries, magic, and light; I felt home – 6 years and counting.
- I grew up with fairy tales. I love being able to bring some of my favorite book characters to life and bring smiles to children of all ages.
- It is one of the few places where people young and old can celebrate magic, belief, nature, and be joyful and lighthearted regardless of age, profession, income or background. At the festival, everyone is encouraged to be free and experience the magick of faerie however they see fit- in their own ways. And -that- is truly magick.
- It’s a place where I may spend all weekend next to Sweetie the Unicorn, watching wing-clad-children gaze up at her in wonder, and camp out with her overnight as she stands guard over my tent.
- It provides a place of enchanted escape and inspiration that the work-a-day world not only fails to provide but actively works to suppress.
We hope you will join us this year, to share the Magical Faerie Experience!
Friday night, May 10, Saturday, May 11, and Sunday, May 12, 2013The Maryland Faerie Festival Camp Ramblewood 2564 Silver Road Darlington, MD 21034 www.marylandfaeriefestival.org